Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Booklist

Batman: Lovers & Madmen by Michael Green, Denys Cowan and John Floyd, Batman: Year One by Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli, The New Teen Titans: The Terror of Trigon by Marv Wolfman, George Perez and Romeo Tanghal
Out of all of these, the one I enjoyed the most was the one I picked up on a whim. I really enjoyed Batman: Lovers and Madmen. The art is quirky yet astounding. The story is great. I really like this version of the Joker's origin. Again, another script that would make a better Batman movie than the ones we've been getting.
I didn't enjoy Batman: Year One as much as I thought I would. Miller's great but this one left me cold. The art is good and serves the story well.
The Titans, well, I always enjoy re-reading comics from my younger days. Makes me wonder where my head was at then vs. now. Nostalgia can be a good thing.

No comments: