Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Little Discouraged

The life of an artist is a roller coaster. True, I've sold quite a few pieces recently but I've also had some discouraging moments.
- The Edmonds Art Walk was a bust due to bad weather.
- A gallery I would really like to get into downtown keeps rejecting me. They like my stuff but they have someone doing stuff kinda like mine already. (Yeah, right. It's collage but it's nothing like mine. They can't have 2 collage artists?)
- I got an email from a Canadian magazine today. They love my art and wanted to commission me for something they needed in a hurry. I called but they had gotten someone else.
So, I am a bit bummed at the moment. The little victories are nice but I wouldn't mind something a bit more substantial...something on a scale befitting my genius! (HA) In reality, I would like to be a big deal (Jeff's phrase) in the art world. I've always wanted that. Luckily, the life of an artist is full of rejection and disapointment. I have a thick skin. I can take it.
I'll get over this hump and keep on working. It's all I can do.

No comments: