Monday, November 05, 2007

Long Weekend

Due to vacation hours building up and the impending loss of some of those precious hours, I am taking Tuesday of this week off. Since we're between shows I didn't have to work Saturday so that means I'm in the middle of a 4-day weekend. It's not all fun and games, however. Saturday and Sunday were busy days.
Our cat Mickey is not eating like he should so Sarah took him to the vet on Sat. morning. They took blood and will let us know something on Tuesday. It's either nothing or something very serious. We knew that one day the medicine for his Inflammatory Bowel Disease would eventually stop working but we hope that is not the case. We're not ready to say goodbye to our little furry guys. They are precious to us. The good news is that his personality has not changed and he doesn't seem to be experiencing any discomfort. We'll see.
Saturday, I prepared for a long day of rehearsals but gained a reprieve when Jeff sent me home early. Sarah and I took advantage and had a date night. Just dinner and a movie but it was nice nonetheless.
Yesterday was a full day. First, we forgot to set our clocks back so we ended up at church a full hour too early. We went to the local coffeeshop and had breakfast and beverage. When we got to church we found out that we won 2nd place in the Trunk or Treat contest. We got a $50 gift certificate to Olive Garden. Sweet! We didn't want first place since it was tickets to the Christmas show at Taproot. Jellybean the clown won that prize and she deserved it. Her trunk was a huge draw w/ candy and balloon creations.
After lunch with our lifegroup, we jumped into a long afternoon Stumble Through of Act 1 of the Christmas musical. We did finally stumble thru the whole thing, laughing alot. I need to get off book in a bad way. Memory work is tough for me. I don't know why. But, no excuses...I've got to buckle down and get that stuff in my head and in my body.
After rehearsal, we came home, ate and watched a movie. Then, off to bed. We don't have rehearsal tonight but we do have it on Tuesday and Thursday night. I have memory work to do to prepare for that since we are going to work on one of my songs in a big way. I'm looking forward to 2 days of chores, art, memory work and enjoying being away from work.
Laundry beckons. Off I go.

No comments: