Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bloody Hell!

Warning: If you are squeamish, faint at the sight of blood or hate needles...turn back now!
What a day! I woke up at 6:15 to the meowing of Max. Translated, his mewling meant, "Feed me, daddy." I did. I was up so I got ready and went to work early. I gave the theatre a good cleaning and went to put the trash and recycling by the back door. As I'm nearing the scene shop, I feel something wet dripping down my leg. I look and there's a pretty heavy flow of blood coming out of my leg. Apparently some broken glass in the recycling punctured thru the bag and my leg. As my life flashed before my eyes I became aware of how bored I was. Oh, just kidding. So, I step into the scene shop so that I can bleed on a floor that doesn't matter. Eventually someone came by and I asked for help. They went and fetched my wife, we stopped the bleeding, patched it up and I went on my way. My shoes and socks had to be washed as they were saturated with my blood. I went barefoot for a while, did some other things, borrowed some shoes from the costume shop and left for home.
On my way home, I stopped by Insurrection Vintage/Fickle Fanny's, the business where some of my art is hanging to drop off some postcards about my upcoming art show. As I'm talking to Carrie I realize that I am bleeding again...and I do mean bleeding. As I created abstract blood art on the floor Carrie remained strong and helped me out alot. We decided that I needed stitches so I called Sarah, she came and got me and we headed to GroupHealth Urgent Care on Capitol Hill.
We were there about 2 hours. The sight of blood and needles don't bother me so I joked with the doc as she poked me about a hundred times to deaden the area around the wound. They cleaned the wound, sewed me back up (4 stitches - why do we say that like it's a status thing?), wrapped it and put this fishnet looking thing around it (I'm too sexy...) and we were on our way.
Sarah's schedule got messed up (I'm such an inconvenience) so we stopped by the dry cleaners to get the Joseph costumes before we headed back to the theatre. Once there, I grabbed some carpet cleaner and headed around to Insurrection Vintage to clean the stains. Carrie kidded that I was great because the crack whores never come back to clean up their mess. I then cleaned the theatre, Sarah returned to pick me up after taking our cat Mickey to have a blood test (he's doing chemo) and we came home. I framed some more pics for the show, she made supper, we watched Minority Report and now it's time for bed.
As I was sweeping the sidewalk of the theatre this morning I found a crumpled fortune on the sidewalk. Since I use them in my art, I picked it up. It said:

"There is a prospect of a thrilling time ahead for you."

The fortune cookie never lies.

No comments: