Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Creativity, Cats and the Church

I'm kind of down this week and I think I've figured out why.

- I'm having a run of non-inspiration in regards to my art of late. I have been sitting in my studio not having ideas and not being productive and it's really got me down. I need to get really annoyed, move into anger and then just collage that anger into creativity again.
- The whole sick cat situation has been a pain in the butt. They are now both on meds and special diets. Due to said diets they cannot eat each others food so feeding Max has been a chore. Mickey is of no concern in that area. He's eating everything and would devour Max's food too if we let him. So, for a few nights we had to get up in the middle of the night numerouse times to feed Max and it's starting to wear us down. Last night we decided to shut our door and just let them wait until morning. It worked out pretty well. Here's hoping sleep will help improve my mood.
- A friend recently had to resign from his church to avoid dismissal. This kind of stuff really gets me down because it brings up all my past bad dealings with churches. I have much empathy for him in this situation and I wish him well.

So, here's hoping for increased creativity, well cats, good sleep, and justice in churches run by pharisees.

No comments: