Monday, July 11, 2005

AC Moore

While in Asheville, I worked at an arts/crafts store called AC Moore. The people there were great and I miss seeing them alot. While there, I did the announcements over the PA. One of the girls, Alina, emailed me the other day to tell me that she and Ana had done an announcement. Here's what she had to say:

"So Ana and I did a super cheesy announcement today that I think you (THE Ultimate Cheesy Announcer) would be really proud of.
Ana: Hey Alina, did you hear about the great sale on merchandise?
Me: Yeah, Ana, all gardening merchandize is 60% off!
Ana: Is that what the girl with sandwich board was talking about?
Me: Yeah, you can find great savings at the seasonal department and the front vestibule!
Ana: Get these great savings while they last!
Me: AC MOORE ROCKS!
This is played on rotation and Big Paul is coming tomorrow... I wonder if he'll appreciate it....If you hadn't guessed already, Sheri was the one walking around the store with a sandwich board."

Big Paul is the VP in charge of that area. When he visits, it's a tense, "quaking in your boots" kinda time. It was fun working there. For a job with little pay...it was pretty cool. I miss those guys.

No comments: