Sunday, August 14, 2005

Busy Day

Today was a busy day. Started out by attending a special service at Sanctuary Church. It was outside at Greenwood Park. Nice day...a little warm...nice service. It was followed by a picnic...all the burgers one could eat. I ate too much. Sarah made a new friend. Gal named Jennifer who is moving here to be with her husband. They are both in the service. (Army, I think) During the picnic, some guy named Rob set up a bunch of equipment to play music. He was primarily a guitarist but had all kinds of gadgetry to record and overdub himself. It was a bit much. I just wish he had stripped down to basics and played. Just play the dang thing! After the picnic, Sarah and I went back to her place to rest. I actually took about a 10 minute nap. I'm not a napper so that was quite an accomplishment. We then got ready and went to the zoo to meet my friends Chuck and Andrea Chase. I haven't seen them in at least 10 years. They live on Whidbey Island. They have two cute kids, Tommy and Chrissy. We had a nice afternoon. Hope to hook up with them again. After that, we picked up some pizza and ice cream and watched "Pieces of April" on DVD. Strange flick but pretty good. So, a busy day but good day.

No comments: