Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Woodland Park Zoo

Sarah and I went to the zoo on Sunday. Turned out to be a great deal to get a year pass for the zoo and the aquarium so we did. For the price of parking, we now have some great options for fun dates over the next year. We haven't been to the aquarium yet...probably this weekend. It's a nice zoo...not the best I've ever seen but with the shady trails and wonderful Seattle weather, it was nice. I really loved the bears! There's a window that shows the bears in the water. It was fun for me to watch this enormous brown bear swimming and having a good old time in the water. Sarah liked the otters. Most of the animals were napping when we got there. We never saw any lions and all the other animals were sacked out for siesta time. Later in the afternoon they started to get active. The other wildlife present on Sunday was kids. Man, there were a bunch of rugrats running around. And strollers...my gosh...I've never seen so many strollers in all my life. The annoying thing was that people would just push their stroller (with kids in them) up under me while I was watching something and then I would go to move and trip over it. I nearly squashed several children due to the ignorance of their parents. I wish there was an adults only day at the zoo. Then us big kids could enjoy the animals without all the little ones underfoot. Not sure how many times I can hear, "Monkeys! Look at the monkeys!" without going bonkers.

No comments: