Saturday, August 27, 2005

A Weekend of Theater

This weekend, I saw two productions at Taproot. On Friday, after I spent some time with Randy, Sarah and I watched the teen acting workshop perform "Les Miserables." I wasn't expecting much but it was very good. The kid playing Jean Valjean was excellent. This group of teens worked for two weeks and put on a great performance. I was impressed.
Today, Sarah and I escaped the absence of Trinity by going shopping. After that, we stopped by the small town of Edmonds. It's a quaint little place near Puget Sound. The ferry runs across to another town named Kingston. We sat by the water for a bit, enjoying the salty air, then drove thru town briefly and returned home. We hope to return to Edmonds next weekend to enjoy it more fully. Perhaps we'll ride the ferry to Kingston. Being on the water would be nice.
Tonight, we saw "The Fantasticks" for the third time. It's the final performance and Sarah had to stay behind to strike afterward. I need to get to bed soon because I am singing at church tomorrow and I have to be there at 7am. It's been a while since I've sung but rehearsal went well. I hope I do okay. It's nice to be back in the saddle again.

No comments: