Saturday, June 17, 2006

Going to the Movies

So, Sarah and I decide to go see "Cars" yesterday. Good flick. Not as good as some of the other Pixar favorites but good nonetheless. Anyway, the show was at 4:45 so I ask for 2 tickets. The box office chick says, "That'll be $17.50." Hold the phone, jack. What happened to the matinee price? On weekends, matinee time has gone from "Before 6" to "Before 4." Can you just say it with me...RIP OFF!!
It sucks going to the movies these days. Number one reason...most of the movies suck bigtime. Number two reason...prices keep going up. So, higher prices plus suckier movies equals Marty don't go to the movies much anymore. I made a rule yesterday and Sarah agreed. We only go see the big movies...really big movies like "Superman" in the theater. The rest...we'll watch at home via DVD (Blockbuster Online $17.99 a month) on my 32" television with stereo sound. That's quite good enough for me for most movies. And we are going to try to frequent our local independently owned theater more often. And we're going to not go after 4 on the weekend. Sheesh.
We gotta fight back anyway we can. We've been sneakin' in snacks for a long time now. I remember years ago going to a movie with a friend. She had her backpack so we snuck Subway sandwiches and drinks into the theater. Priceless! Fight the power, people!

No comments: