Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Week of Frustration

And it's only Tuesday.
Gah! Yesterday I tried to prep some frames for my upcoming art show but they didn't work out. Luckily I was able to return most of them. So, now I have to pull some old images out of some frames to make room for new. That feels like going backwards to me and I don't like it. But that's what's got to happen to make it work.
I used to buy my frames at IKEA. It seems they are discontinuing them. Smart move. 8X10 black frames are so unpopular. As a result I am going to start doing my collages on 5X7 canvas from now on. That way I don't have to worry about buying frames. Meanwhile, I'll still have a few collages done the old way that I'll have to find frames for.
Today found me attempting to hang 8 framed Norman Rockwell lithographs at the theatre. We had to get special hardware that secures them to the wall (for insurance purposes). Someone donated them to the theatre and they are to be auctioned off. We've made a special place for them in the upper lobby. Well, I'm here to tell you, I am an artist but that doesn't mean I know anything about hanging art. I'm the one that makes it and lets other people hang it. Those security hangers are a booger to use. I managed to get 5 hung today. I have to tackle the other 3 in the morning. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it but I hope this doesn't become a habit. Like I said before, I prefer making the art over hanging it.
Oh, and did I mention that Big River opens on Friday and I also have all my regular work of getting the theatre ready for opening. And getting ready for the art show which includes wandering all over Seattle retrieving all the work that has been in previous shows. And...
I think I'll stop now. It makes my brain hurt.

No comments: