Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sinus Disease

Yes, I am the lucky winner of inflammation/infection of the sinuses. My doc says it's something I will struggle with for the rest of my days. There's no cure. I'm in good company though. The internet says there are 35 million Americans that suffer from this. What a huge club!
I am going to try different things as we go along to see what helps. The first course is three weeks of antibiotics. May help, may not. Next up would be a trip to an allergist. The last resort is surgery. I've heard mixed things about it so I'm for the last resort as well. I just did a little looking around and found a site that mentioned pulsatile irrigation. They sell machines that help clean out your sinuses with saline. It might be something I try in the future. Who knows.
The good news is that when I'm on antibiotics my stomach doesn't act up. Maybe whatever's down there will get killed by 21 days worth of drugs. We'll see.

No comments: