Sunday, December 07, 2008

Booklist

Batman: The Long Halloween, Batman: Haunted Knight, and Daredevil: Yellow by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale
Since I read Batman:Hush and liked it so much I decided to try some more stuff by Loeb. I am becoming a fan. Everything I've read by him has been really good. The Long Halloween is especially good. It would make a much better movie than any of the other stuff they've been doing with Batman in the cinema. Up until now, the only art I had seen of Sale's was on the television show Heroes. His art is quirky and so very influenced by Frank Miller. I wasn't sure I liked it at first but it's grown on me. There are a few things he does that I don't care for, like his design of Batman's mask, but overall I've been satisfied.
I left the library the other day with a stack of graphic novels so I've got a lot more reading to do. I don't know why I've been on this comic kick lately. I guess I just feel like catching up a bit.

No comments: