Ballard has a few interesting places to visit. Here's what we did.
- Walked through the Ballard Sunday Farmer's Market. We bought some local honey. I've heard it helps with your allergies.
- Visited the OKOK Gallery. It seems they are trying to be on the upward side of the whole urban art thing but it just seemed a bit pretentious, like they are trying too hard.
- We ducked into a used music place and they were playing a record (remember those?) by UFO, a 70's rock band. I'd heard of them but never got into them. I liked what I heard so I am going to have to check it out.
- We finally visited the Locks from the land side. It's a very interesting place. It's especially fun to watch the boats rise and fall depending on which way they are going. We are going to go back in the spring when the flowers are blooming. They have a small botanical garden that looks like it might be worth checking out. Also, we hope to catch the salmon running in the fish ladder during that season.
- After all that, we stopped by a frame shop to pick up some scrap mat board for art purposes. While there, we bought some interesting gift wrap paper to use in our collages.
It was a nice day. The weather was cool but comfy and the sun was out for most of the time. We even saw a double rainbow, the second we've seen recently. I think as long as Sunday afternoon's are delivering good weather, Sarah and I are going to try and find somewhere to be. There are so many cool neigborhoods in Seattle to explore. And it's good exercise.