Monday, February 26, 2007

You've Got Mail!

I went to the doctor today for a follow-up and physical. The x-rays show nothing that would have contributed to the tingling. It's probably due to the tension in my neck and shoulders. As far as the physical is concerned, all is well. I have a touch of arthritis in my right knee (from a drama related accident I suspect) and the doc gave me a prescription to help with my indigestion problems. Blood work results will be back in a few days. It's possible that I have bacteria in my stomach that is causing the acidity issues. If that's the case, I'll get some antibiotics to clear that up. I also got a tetanus shot and I was a good boy so they gave me a Scooby Doo sticker. Cool!
The only other thing I have to do is send in some stool samples. Now, I don't mean to be gross but this is kind of weird. I haven't been to the doctor since 1992 so this is all new to me. I have to take stool samples for 3 days and then mail it in. That's right...you heard correctly...mail it in. Does the USPS know that this is going on? I know people mail all kinds of crap but this is too literal for me. I'm so perplexed by it all that I can't come up with one single good "poop thru the mail" joke. I must be slipping in my old age.
You've Got Smell? Naw...that's just dumb.

No comments: