Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Cat Health Update

I just picked Mickey up from the vet. He had blood drawn today because he begins a new round of chemo tomorrow. He seems to be doing better. He has gained weight. He's up to around 10 lbs. That's up from 7. He's supposed to weight about 12 so he's getting there.
When I picked him up, he was hissing and being a major pain so the girl at the front desk had to have me go down and get him out of the cage and put him in the carrier. Of course, he hissed at me too but I'm not afraid of him. I kept saying, "He's such a pain," and she kept countering with, "...but he's so cute." Correct. Cute but mean as hell when he wants to be. Poor Max (our other cat) can't eat for having Mickey attack him with the whole "alpha male" thing. It's gotten to where Max will have me follow him to the food dish and he'll eat while I stand guard.
So, Mickey is doing well. He's back to his old cantankerous...but cute...self.

No comments: