Sunday, June 24, 2007

Weekend Update

It's been a busy one. On Saturday, Sarah had a baby shower for a couple of girls at work at our apartment so I made myself scarce and went in to work for a couple of hours. When I got home, the estrogen level was still a bit too high for me so I cloistered myself into the studio until the levels returned to normal. Even our two male cats found hidey holes.
Saturday night we went to a dinner party thrown by our friends Dale and Moira. They definitely do it up right. The food was great and the company was even better. It was nice to catch up with some folks that we don't see too often due to multiple services at our church.
After church this morning, we swung by the coffeehouse where I will have my show in August. They have lots of wall space considering the small size of my art. I hope I can fill the space. We then killed some time at Third Place Books and then headed to the church picnic. We arrived too early and there wasn't really anyone there that we knew. We did run into Joan who apologized for having to head home because her hubby Marshall was sick. Bummer. We waited and waited and wondered if anyone we knew from church was going to show up. I know we've been going there a year but we only know a small pocket of people. Before too much longer folks from our pocket started showing up and we ended up having a good time. The weather was on again/off again with clouds and sun. It threatened rain but didn't start until we got home just a bit ago. It was actually hailing a little bit too. Weird.
A funny thing happened at the picnic. I was asked several times if I had brought chicken fried chicken sandwiches. This is a result of the part I played in the Christmas play last year. Toward the end of the picnic Delores approached me and pulled the whole chicken fried chicken thing again. She then proceeded to tell me that she had dropped her husband Greg off at the Shoreline Art Festival so he could see my art. Well, my art wasn't at that festival. He got that mixed up with the show I'm doing at the coffeehouse in August. So we call him and I ask him if he's found my art yet. He said no and then I told him if he did to please grab it because it wasn't supposed to be there. He walked a few blocks from the festival to the picnic and we all had a good laugh about it. I'm flattered that he went to all that trouble just to try and view my art. Thanks Greg.
We're now back home resting and preparing to start a new week. Weekends are too short...especially when they're busy.

No comments: