Thursday, May 25, 2006

Taproot Debut

Yesterday I made my Seattle stage debut at Taproot Theatre as an alternate Klansman in the comedy "The Foreigner." It was a student matinee and when the Klan boys went out for curtain call, we got booed. (That's a good thing) All thru the performance the kids were hollaring "Go away" and "Get out" and stuff like that. I had no dialogue but got to ad lib some "Yee haws" and some grumbling and mumbling. I am filling in for the guy that does it at the night performances. He's black. You should see the reaction when he pulls the hood off at curtain call. It's hysterical. I've told him he's in a class all his own of black men portraying Klan...him and Cleavon Little in "Blazing Saddles." Anyway, I get to do it for 3 more matinees and then it's over. I know one thing. I miss performing. Here's hoping I get other opportunities.

No comments: