Thursday, July 27, 2006

I Love This Picture!

I've been scanning my old photos lately and I have come across some real winners. Here's one from Company days. This was taken at Jericho Week at Ridgecrest, SC in the summer of 94 (I think). I believe we had all just finished a meal at the Olympic Flame restaurant in Black Mountain. Ragan Courtney and Cynthia Clawson were there with us. I remember my sandals broke and I had duct taped them back together. Somewhere there is a picture of Cynthia and I comparing our shoes.
Another of my favorite memories from that time was when we were at Jericho in Glorieta, NM. Some of us had done some large panels of art to display on stage. When we got there, our art was overpowered and displayed incorrectly due to the gigantic "Experience God" banner that had to go up. Ragan was witnessing our art getting downgraded so he looked at me and said, "Isn't that just like a Baptist. Screw art and put up a sign." Classic! I wrote it in my journal so I wouldn't forget.
Anywho, as I get all these photos cropped and color corrected, I am going to put them out on the web so all my old Company compadres can snag 'em if they want 'em.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah! i remember that trip very vividly. i can still recall us cramming in the inside of that restaurant -- and didn't they serve the pizzas on little pedestals or was that somewhere else? and i remember ragan's quote too. what a crazy trip that was...

jon "monk boy" polk

What Would Jesus Glue? said...

The pedestal place was in Santa Fe. Olympic Flame had the creek running thru it in the back. It's still there in Black Mountain.

Ash said...

Hey... was this pic pre or post ash/mart melt down of 94? I have no idea what that argument was about. I do remember that you and I were "over it" before other people were. Do you remember the next morning... You said "hey ash, what's up?" I said, "nothing... see ya later." See, a fine example of forgivness granted and recieved! Love ya man! for real this time... respectfully, The Amazing Dopehead!

What Would Jesus Glue? said...

If it was the night we went to the movies, this was post. This pic was taken at the end of the week. I don't remember what the meltdown was about either. Oh well. I think I'm over it now.