Friday, September 14, 2007

H. Pylori and GERD

I just got back from the doctor. I went because I've been experiencing major discomfort due to gas and bloating. I've been wondering if I've been allergic to certain foods and other things for a little while now. Nope, it's just little critters living in my belly. H. Pylori is a bacteria that's not good. My dad's had it. It affected him really badly. Mine's pretty mild compared to his experiences. GERD is Gastro-something-or-other Reflux Disease which I knew about already. I just didn't know it had such a weird name. (I'm a GERD NERD) So, I have to take a bunch of antibiotics and such to kill the wee beasties and eat yogurt to get the good bacteria in me. They also ran an EKG just to be safe because of some pain in my chest but we're fairly certain the pain is caused by gas pressure.
Here's the kicker. I switched doctors because I just didn't feel good about the care I was (not) receiving from the previous doctor. Turns out I was right to do so. I tested positive for H. Pylori back in March and he did nothing about it. Jerk! I could have been better by now.
Hopefully in ten days time I'll be a new and less gassy man. Yee-BURP-Haw!
Excuse me.

No comments: