Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Spirit of Adventure

Some of you may have noticed that I've placed a couple of new blog links on my page. One link is to a couple who are walking to Alaska from Seattle. The other deals with a couple who are going to pimp out a van and roam the country in search for a city they want to call home.
I applaud these folks and their sense of adventure. These types of adventure have often crossed my mind. In some weird way I wish I could do something like that. It's probably why I was addicted to Survivor for so many years. I always watched and wondered if I could do that. When we were in Alaska I thought about it some...you know, buying some junker houseboat and living in the wilderness amongst the moose and the bears.
Of course, I don't think I could. I love my cozy bed and the fact that the fridge is only a few feet away at any given time. But deep down inside of me is a spirit of adventure that wants to experience something different. I love the outdoors and have always wanted to get into camping but I don't know the first thing about camping.
So, I suppose I'll live vicariously through these folks who are sharing via the internet. As I sit comfortably at home I will dream of being with them on some grand adventure. Then I'll get up, walk to the fridge and have a snack.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Try a ClubRust trip sometime to whet your appetite!