Friday, September 07, 2007

I'm Nationwide!

My parents called this afternoon to say that they, with my Uncle and Aunt, had gone to see my art at the University of West Florida. So, 4 of my pieces are hanging on gallery walls in Florida as we speak. Yes, it's true...I'm bad, I'm nationwide.
I talked to my mom. They didn't have much to say about the art. I'm not surprised. I knew they wouldn't like any of them but it's cool that they went out of their way to go see them. She asked me to explain them and I told her that only one of them had any real meaning and that it was about Mormons. The only other thing she said was that the girl working at the gallery told her that they all really loved my art. Good deal! Hey UWF...how about a one-man show?
If you're curious about the pieces I sent you can scoot over to my gallery and look for Queen Bee, Respite on the Island of Sexy Angels, The Big Ending, and Big Love.
If you're in the Pensacola area, run on out to UWF and check 'em out. They'll be up thru the month of September.
I'm glad my stuff is up in Florida because things have slowed down a bit here. It's been difficult lining up more shows here in Seattle. Tentatively I have shows lined up for October, December and January with the Edmonds ArtWalk thrown in somewhere in the mix. (they emailed to say I was accepted but haven't said which month yet)
I scour the internet daily for opportunities and send out enquiries when I see a possibility. The frustrating thing about all this is that people are really bad about getting back with you. It seems in the beginning that they are dying to find artists to show in their space but then once the initial contact is past, things get slower than mole's asses in January. My goal is to keep my work out there in front of people. Every month would be nice but I'll accept every other month. I still have stuff up at Twilight and Insurrection Vintage but nothing is selling. I'm working on some new stuff that I can sell cheaper in the hopes that I can generate some cash to complete some ideas I have for art related product that I can sell.
The art train is still rollin' but it's a chuggin' uphill right now.

No comments: