Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Strut Your Mutt

Because Sarah and I have emceed the Greenwood Seafair Parade for 3 years now, we have been asked to emcee CityDog Magazine's 2nd Annual Cover Dog Model Search. It's part of the Fremont Oktoberfest. I am looking forward to it. Ever since I saw Christopher Guest's brilliant film Best in Show I've always thought it would be fun to emcee a dog show. Now I have that chance. I know that we cannot even approach the high standard set by Fred Willard in that film but we can try.
Best of all, it's a paying gig and the money is going toward plane tickets to Iowa for Christmas with the in-laws. I've never celebrated Christmas in a cornfield before. Actually, it sounds like Sarah's family pulls out all the stops for Christmas. At some point they have a big family bingo game. I don't think I've ever played bingo in my life.
Dog shows and bingo. I wouldn't trade my life with anybody.

No comments: