Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Beam Me Up, Scotty!

Recently, the thrift store near the theatre closed it's doors for good. As a result, for whatever reason, an upright piano was left outside of the vacant building. I have seen one man playing it and some friends of ours who attended the Pay What You Can performance at the theatre said that some folks had an impromptu band going that night and that they sounded good.
As I was walking home today, I passed the piano and there was a man standing there with a camera on a tripod. As I got closer, I realized it was a video camera and he was talking into it. Next to the piano (I'm assuming he set it up) was a cardboard standup of William Shatner as Captain Kirk circa the 1960's. The man (assuming again) had decked Kirk out with sunglasses, a scarf, and a shawl. I think there were other things but I couldn't get a close enough look. So, there's this guy videotaping a Kirk standup next to an abandoned piano while narrating into the camera.
You can't make stuff like this up, folks. If I'm lyin', I'm dyin'. Welcome to Seattle.

No comments: