Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Getting Better All The Time

I'm on the third day of my fast/alkalizing diet. The goal, quite simply, was to clean out my body and start over. As you know, the first day I fasted completely drinking only water. The second and third days have been filled with the less than delightful consumption of bland soup, veggies, almonds and bananas. There aren't a lot of choices on the alkalinic foods list and, unfortunately, I don't like many of the choices already. The result so far has been that I do feel better. I am still gassy at times but there's been no pressure or bloating. My guess is that I've just been normal gassy but it's been so long since I've experienced it I don't know what normal looks like anymore. It's nice to not have the pressure anymore. I hesitate to use the word pain since it wasn't particularly painful. Instead, I would describe it as a discomfort that saps my focus. Yesterday, I actually felt like I could focus on a task. Last night's rehearsal for the Christmas musical at church was the first time I have been able to enjoy the process because I wasn't experiencing the discomfort. Tonight, we're going to see The Importance of Being Earnest with friends. We are going to eat at Gordito's which serves wonderful, healthy burritos. I don't know what's going to happen when I introduce real food into my system but I am going to be careful and take it slow. I know my stomach has shrunk and I've lost another 10 lbs or so. (I weighed 258 in March. This morning I weigh about 230.) I will eat slow and try to sense when I am full. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Marty. May the "force" be with you (insert gas joke).

:-)Carey D