Friday, October 05, 2007

An Omelette as Big as Your Head!

Yesterday, after work, Sarah and I embarked on some errand running. She had been out shopping for the Christmas show so she picked me up and I joined her. As we made our way to Goodwill she asked if the oil gauge should be sitting on zero. I said, "I don't think so" since I know zilch about cars but it seems to me that no oil pressure equals a problem. When we arrived at Goodwill I checked the oil and it was pretty dry. I wasn't even registering on the dipstick. After Goodwill, we drove to Jiffy Lube where I had the oil changed just a month ago. They told me there was a leak somewhere but that they couldn't fix it. They recommended a garage, topped us off and we went straight there. The garage is owned by a fellow named Misha, a very nice man with a Slavic accent. He diagnosed the problem in less than 5 minutes (broken oil pressure switch) and told us he'd have it fixed in an hour.
To kill time, Sarah and I walked up the road to The Original Pancake House on 15th in Ballard/Crown Hill so she could grab a bite. They were about to close at 2:30 but it's was 2 so we had time. I wasn't hungry so I just ordered some pancakes. Sarah ordered the veggie omelette w/ pancakes and hash browns. As we waited for the food, we noticed the odd decor which was a mix of wood paneling, plates displayed on shelves near the ceiling (if there's a name for that, I don't know what it is), and various modern art posters. It gave the impression of highbrow white trash come to town. The food finally came and the omelette was huge! She has eaten on it for 3 meals I think. My short stack of pancakes was massive. I couldn't eat it all. The syrup was very tasty!
We finished up and hiked back to the garage. Misha had us all fixed up and ready to go. I took a card since I intend to use Misha again in the future. A good mechanic is worth his weight in gold. We finished all of our errands except one that requires a trip downtown and headed home.
And you thought your day was exciting.

No comments: