Friday, March 21, 2008

So-So Friday

Well, it wasn't entirely good because (and I knew it would happen) the jeep died again and I had to have it towed this time. It was the starter. Luckily our mechanic fixed it mucho pronto and we were able to head over to the church to see the Stations of the Cross.
This year our church asked artists in the church to interpret the different stations. Sarah and I both contributed. When we got there, we entered not knowing what to expect but it turned out great. It truly was experiential, a sacred space. The art is amazing. Artists and (by their admission) non-artists alike put their best foot forward and created some great pieces. The combination of art, artist's statements, lighting, and music really is quite effective. We forgot to take our camera but hopefully others will share their photos with me so I can share them with you.
Great job everyone! We have raised the bar yet another rung.

No comments: