Monday, September 04, 2006

Art Drought

This is me. I haven't been inspired lately and just can't seem to make myself sit down and make art. I think I messed myself up. I was in a groove doing my collages but I really miss painting and working larger so I started experimenting with some new techniques and now I'm stuck. I need get over myself and do what I always tell Sarah to do and that's to just sit down and do something...anything. Just slap some paint down or throw together a collage...anything to get the juices flowing again. SIGH!
If artists waited until they felt like making art to actually make some, there would be no art in the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree. i fight the demon of time and "responsibility" which keeps me from writing like i want to do.

just gotta get up and do it.

jon p.