Saturday, December 15, 2007

Elephants Abound

Tonight, Sarah and I have another white elephant party. We have 3 total for the season. It's such an interesting concept. Where did the idea originate? Is it called a white elephant because the first gift was a white elephant?
In less than a week we will be in Iowa visiting Sarah's family. It will be my first time there and the first time meeting many in her extended family. I will be under the microscope I'm sure. I'm sure it will be a good trip although I dread the possibility of being colder than I ever have been in my life. It gets below zero there. I'm a Florida boy, remember?
Art has taken a back seat to Christmas but I've got a lot to do when we get back. I have 5 shows in Jan/Feb so far plus Insurrection Vintage (where I have had art on display since May) is opening a new store at the corner of Roosevelt and 65th (a great location) and they want me to be their resident artist at both stores. I've got to get cranking.
So, not much else to report. I'm sure I'll chime in occasionally over the next few days before we depart but I'm not sure I'll have internet access on the trip. If not, I'll journal everything and slap it on the net when I get back.
Feliz Navidad, everybody!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ano (anyo) Nuevo! Okay. That doesn't really work without spanish keys on my board. Oh well. Sorry I missed you guys today. I hope you have a great time in Antarctica! We leave Tuesday for Texas so I guess we'll meet up next month sometime. Love you both!