Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Lesson Learned?

Winterland was a fun experience but it also gave me some insight into some things that I've been struggling with over the last couple of years. I've been trying to figure out what "my thing" is. I have so many "things" that I enjoy doing that it's hard to focus sometimes on just one of them. My love for art has been rekindled but I missed having opportunities to act and sing. Winterland gave me that opportunity. What I learned is this: I love singing more than acting. The singing part was so much fun and I feel like I did a good job with it. The acting...a bit of a chore. It was fun but I just don't know that I'm an Actor with a capital "A." So, what does that mean? Well, I'll tell you. It means that I will concentrate on what I enjoy. No more lamenting the fact that acting opportunities don't jump up to greet me. I'm going to concentrate on my art and see if singing with Midlife Chrysler satisfies the singing void. Perhaps they'll also let me play some hand percussion...another thing I enjoy alot. We'll see.

No comments: