Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Meme

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?

Travelled to Alaska, Canada and Iowa; experienced a blizzard and white out conditions; emceed a dog show.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No. I don't do resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, they all had the decency to go to the hospital.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Good health and peace of mind.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I have had some success with my art.

8. What was your biggest failure?
Not being a better husband.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, some gastro issues that still plague me to some degree.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
Our vacation to Alaska.
11. Where did most of your money go?
Cats, medical bills, art supplies, food.

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

My art.
13. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?

a) Happier in some ways, sadder in others. b) Thinner. c) Poorer.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Making art and playing parchesi.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying.
16. What was the best book you read?

Rollback by Robert J. Sawyer, Portraits: Talking with Artists at the Met, the Modern, the Louvre and Elsewhere by Michael Kimmelman, The Accidental Masterpiece by Michael Kimmelman.
17. What did you want and get?

Success with my art; a great part in the Christmas musical at church.
18. What did you want and not get?
Complete good health.
19. What kept you sane?
My wife, my art and my friends.
20. Who did you miss?
I miss my family, old friends and my youth.

No comments: