Friday, November 07, 2008

Opening at JA

Tonight's opening at Johnston Architects was very nice. There wasn't a huge crowd but some great folks stopped by and I had some very nice conversations during the evening. This was the first reception I've had where people asked good questions and there was an opportunity for some dialogue about the art. I enjoyed that a lot. I wish more people would dialogue with me about it. It actually helps me make sense of things when I'm able to talk to others about these crazy little collages and what they represent and don't represent.
As you can see from the pictures, JA is a very unique and beautiful space. The walls are curved which throws a unique perspective on the show. I don't think my art has looked better in a space.
After the show, we stepped across the street for a quick shot of the Seattle skyline. Contrary to what the sign says, Seattle has not been a dead end but an opportunity for me to grow as an artist. There are some things I don't like about this city but it's a great place to be an artist.







1 comment:

becca said...

What a beautiful space. I agree that from the pictures I have seen of your shows that this one is definitely the best space for it... Most of the others looked crowded, and too close.