Saturday, November 01, 2008

Trunk or Treat






Thanks to my wife and crew of volunteers, Trunk or Treat was a great success. It rained all day but tapered off as the afternoon progressed. Then, as the start time approached, we got another downpour with a sunbreak which produced a rainbow. A sign that ToT would be a success? Perhaps. More likely just typical Pacific NW weather.
As you can see in the pics, folks went all out. Sarah herself was the queen of ToT as Marie Antoinette. She kept her head but did eat some cake. (a cupcake anyway) No pics of me this year. I wimped out, put on a smock and beret and went as an artist. One person said, "You're not in costume. You ARE an artist." Oh well. Sarah and I went whole hog 2 years in a row with our trunks (winning 1st and 2nd prizes) This year, I took the day off and spent the day doing what she needed me to do to get ToT up and running. It was a rough day but, in the end, it all came together.

No comments: