Saturday, April 07, 2007

Booklist

Firestorm by Rachel Caine
"Rogue Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin must rally the remnants of the corps against the Djinn, who have broken free from Warden control, and a cranky Mother Earth, who's about to unleash her full fury against the entire world."*
This is book 5 of the Weather Warden series, a storyline I've rather enjoyed up until now. Compared to the others which were full of action and compelling characters, this one was just plain boring. I can't explain why but I just didn't seem to care about what was going on. I guess the whole Mother Earth plot just reeked too much of "crunchy granola" for me. Yes, we have abused the Earth and now she's awake and pissed. It should have been advertised as fiction for tree-huggers. I know that book 6 is coming out soon but I may wait until there's a big lull in my reading before I pick it up. I guess I need a break from the weather.
PS: I hate the covers on these books. It's like a Harlequin Romance novel cover without the hunky Fabio guy. That is so not what these books are like. If they were, I'd stay far, far away.

No comments: