Saturday, April 21, 2007

Fallen Angel



Being from Pensacola, I can't help but be affected by the tragic crash of a Blue Angels jet today. I have seen them many times and the best show I've ever seen was by accident. My friend Karen and I went to the beach on a Friday before an air show on Saturday. We had the place to ourselves. All of a sudden the Blues showed up and ran their routine for Saturday. It was amazing!
When I moved here 2 years ago, I was driving down Greenwood Ave. and I saw one of the Blues fly by. (they were in town for the Seafair show) It really made me homesick.
If you are from Pensacola, the Blue Angels are just part of your life. For me that is amplified by the fact that my dad worked at NAS Pensacola for years.
I knew I wanted to blog about it but didn't know what to say. Then I thought of this video which just sums it up. This is for you, Blues!

No comments: