- On April 13th Jeff blogged about his need for rest and what that should look like in his life. I commented that he should take a look at it from the perpective of Sabbath. He took me up on it.
- That night, we got together for our NW Arts meeting and Jeff introduced the topic for the night's discussion: Sabbath. We all talked about rest and what it means for each of us. We also talked about the Sabbath and why it is that no one takes that concept seriously anymore.
- On Sunday, April 15th, Sarah and I took a Sabbath. We did absolutely not much all day long and it was a gloriously refreshing time.
- On Sunday, April 22nd, we returned to church for our pastor's new series called Less Stress based on Psalm 23. The title of the sermon? Rest is Best.
- Today I was listening to a Kindlings Muse podcast entitled Unfrantic Spirituality. The topic of discussion was C. S. Lewis and his seemingly unfrantic approach to life.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
A Theme Emerges
Have you ever experienced a period of time in your life when a particular theme seems to be enveloping you? That is happening now with us. Here's a timeline as best as I can remember it.