Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Movie Watching

I'm sure many of you have noticed that I keep a record of all the movies I watch in the sidebar of this blog. My buddy Jon inspired me to do this. I decided to do the first quarter of the year and then examine the results. The result is...I watch too many movies. Granted, Sarah and I watch movies together in the evenings to wind down and there's nothing wrong with that. We just do it too much. Sometimes we watch two back to back. Darn that Blockbuster and it's all-you-can-rent-for-one-low-price deal. We've dug ourselves into a rut with it. Well, the results are in and we're going to try to cut back. With the weather starting to get nice, I'm sure that will prompt us to get out more even if it's just for a nice stroll through the neighborhood. In the summer it stays light until 10 pm here.
Since I've resolved to try and improve my drawing abilities, perhaps I could sketch while watching a movie (like I did the other night to prepare for the video shoot). That might "redeem the time" a little bit more. I'm not much of a multi-tasker though. Once I got into sketching, I lost track of the movie. I had to ask Sarah what was happening. When I truly enter the drawing zone, I pretty much check out of the world completely.
So, with the first quarter complete, I think I will continue to monitor my movie watching for another quarter at least. Then I can gauge whether I've cut back or not. Wish me luck. I'm a cinema junkie with a Planet of the Apes on my back.

No comments: