Sunday, October 12, 2008

Halloween Countdown: Spooky Flyer

This is a flyer I drew to advertise a Halloween party we had a church. This must have been around '83 or '84. This is a scan of the original. At the time I remember thinking it was a pretty good drawing for me. I felt like the lettering was really cool and the knife and skull turned out really well. Of course, I made one mistake and had to correct it with White-Out.
I sort of remember the party being a bit of a dud. Not many people showed up and we just didn't have that many cool things to do anyway. I also remember that my costume that year was a failed attempt at Snake Plissken from Escape from New York. I don't have a picture (thank goodness) to remind me that I probably looked like Snake's fat, younger brother, Slug. You know, it's tough to find cool, fat icons to be on Halloween. Sure I could do Meatloaf or Barry White but c'mon, how cool are they really?
Oh wait, Ozzy's a bit chubby. Maybe, just maybe.

No comments: